Search This Blog

Friday 28 February 2014

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Primer




Because of my recent disappointment caused by the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, which just made my skin feel very slick and smothered and made my make up slide all over the place, I really wasn't expecting to fall in love with a drugstore primer..... but that is just what happened!

The Rimmel Stay Matte Primer has stolen m makeup loving heart. I really didn't expect it to have an almost creamy consistency, I was expecting the usual siliconey feel (although it does have a tiny, tiny feel of silicone) and was pleasantly surprised when I applied this to my face. It went on really smoothly and just felt like I was applying a face cream rather than a primer, it didn't feel heavy on my skin in the slightest which meant my skin was able to breathe throughout the day (always an added bonus).
when I applied my foundation over the top (at the moment i'm using a mixture of NARS sheer glow and Maybelline's better skin foundation) it applied much smoother and less streaky then with out the primer, although it does take a bit of working into the skin if you've waited a while after applying the primer, as it starts to set (but in no way does it set in that horrible sticky and tight way). Because of the way the primer sets it really does hold your makeup in place all day - although I have only been using this for about 5 days I can safely say it lasted amazingly (through 4 long bus journeys, a full day of college and a quick stop in town, and that was just on Monday!) when I came home from college I was shocked to look in the mirror and see that my makeup looked as good as it did when I first applied it.
It's unfragranced and so far has not broken me out but I do tend to double cleanse, especially if i use a primer just to make sure my is completely clean and clear of any debris.

I've got a rather busy weekend coming up (I'm going to NSC Yes Live on Saturday - So excite! and a full day of work on sunday - not so excite!) so I probably won't post for a couple of days.
Are you up to anything interesting this weekend? What's your favourite primer, I'd love to know what I should try out next, let me know down in the comments!

Thanks
Robyn :)

Follow me:     Bloglovin   Twitter    Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! x

    emiliarye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! x
      Robyn http://cosmeticanxiety.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. really good review! I was also really disappointed by the babyskin one X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! X

      http://cosmeticanxiety.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete